Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One Year










A year ago from Friday, I had a doctor's appointment scheduled- just a routine appointment.  Leif and I had both started our leaves and for some reason that morning I asked Leif to come with me- I felt nervous.  It was a good thing too- my blood pressure was high and they decided to admit me.  Leif and I found out on April 6th that we were going to be meeting our baby girl in a matter of days.  They started the induction process and informed me that we would probably meet Abby in 2-3 days.  As it turned out, Abby just needed a little push to get things going (at the time I wouldn't have called pitocin a little push).  We met Abby at 10:36AM the next morning and our lives were changed forever.  No matter how well a parent tries to describe parenthood to expectant parents, I don't think they really "get it" until they meet their first child.  Abigail Ann Dugan has given us so much in the one year that we've had together so far.  It is so difficult to believe that it's almost been a year now but we can't imagine life without her.  She has given us new purpose, new perspective, a new and very deep feeling of love, pride, and happiness, and many a sleepless night.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment