Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The girl takes after her mother....

This morning marks Abby's first day of daycare.  Our center asks that all children come with shoes on.  Abby has a pair of adorable pink elephant shoes that we proudly placed on her feet this morning.  They lasted about 30 seconds before she kicked them both off.  I can sympathize with Abby on this one- I hate to wear shoes (I'll settle for flip flops but would rather be barefoot).  Her cute little socks were still on her feet as Leif dropped her off at daycare this morning.  We'll see if she's still in them when she's picked up.  ;)

We packed Abby's stuff for daycare up last night and labeled everything as asked.  Her mobile made the trip in to daycare as well.  The center asked that I pack my pj shirt from last night to help Abby with the transition- I thought this was a nice touch.  We're not sure if Abby will really need help with the transition.  Leif reported that Abby was happy (is anyone surprised by this?) when she was dropped off this morning.  The girl does so well with new situations and people- and we'd like to take a moment to pat ourselves on the back for that!  ;)

Well, we made it to this day and I think we'll make it through it.  :)  The socialization will be so good for Abby and we can't wait to hug her at the end of our work days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment