Thursday, August 18, 2011

Smiles and chatter

I dropped Miss Abby off at daycare this morning and heard about her day yesterday.  Her teachers said that each and every teacher at the center absolutely loves Abby because she smiles at everyone constantly.  :)  Her teacher said that Abby was full of chatter yesterday and spent a good portion of the day talking to herself.  This is very Abby.  She was also very interested in her new baby friends.  Though she had a toy of her own to play with, she spent much of her playtime watching the other babies and smiling. :)  She napped like a pro (which is a relief since yesterday was her first day napping in a crib!) and transitioned wonderfully in to her new classroom.

This morning as I handed off a sleeping Abby to her teacher and headed for my car, I thought about how fortunate I am to have found this center.  I feel comfortable with the teachers and I know that Abby is happy and loved within its walls.  The center emphasizes the need for a family feel in daycare.  I left Abby rocking in the arms of her sweet teacher.  :)

Leif and I are handling the change pretty well.  I'm finding that sleep is dwindling more and more as prepping Abby for her day early in the morning takes a lot of time but I truly enjoy the challenge of it.  Abby is such a wonderfully happy and laid back baby to boot.  We are feeling oh so blessed (and tired).  ;)

Oh and PS- Abby was still wearing her socks when she came home from daycare yesterday.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment